Tuesday, June 26, 2012

#4 The Power Rangers Series


Anyone remember these six characters that started the whole saga for young children in America? I sure do because they are still going strong today as the Power Rangers. This show debuted the same year I was born in 1993 and although I didn’t watch it when I was about a month old, a couple years later, it became all I would watch later.  This idea originated from Japan even earlier as the name Super Sentai or “Mecha Task Force” airing around 1975. In America, this show is currently on it’s 16th reincarnation of these super heroes with “Power Rangers: Samurai” being the newest one to be on the air.
    Most story lines with this show begin with regular teens that are by chance or because of their ability selected to assist in the protection of the world from evil. There are many different kinds of rangers but the main ones that remain in each series are a Red, Blue, and Yellow ranger color wise with there either being more additions from the start or through the season. The Red Power Ranger is considered the leader among the group of rangers and later in the seasons begins acquiring a special battle suit or armor that only the Red Ranger can pilot. Most villains in each episode are restored after being defeated to monster size in which the Power Rangers use their Zords or machines to defeat the newly size villain with what is known as the MegaZord. Each story line has its own villain of the time or place but the concept is always the same with good always prevailing over evil. In the end of each series, evil becomes too powerful with the only way to overcome them is by unleashing and giving up their powers, and although the rangers become regular teens again, a new group of individuals are chosen as the next season begins.
    I personally feel that as long as this show is around, as far as hero shows go, this will always be a good influence on children. It combines doing the right thing whether they are rangers or just human beings, to defeating evil with awesome fighting scenes. The ideas of helping others regardless of who they are, evil or good, and always giving someone a chance is something I’ve gotten from these shows. Even though it is a violent show, the violence shown is never too graphic or really graphic at all. I can’t wait to see what the next season will be for Power Rangers.
Next Time I’ll be reviewing a Disney Channel Cartoon : Phineas and Ferb.


 

1 comment:

  1. I watched the original Power Rangers and loved it. But I hate the incarnations, I mean really? - Time-traveling Space Ninja Rangers? This show needed to stick with the original and not continually update to the newest trend. It makes me cringe to see it now when I think about how it was in my childhood.

    ReplyDelete