Tuesday, June 12, 2012

#1 Let's Watch Cartoons!


As we grow up, has anyone noticed the change in the cartoons we used to watch as opposed to those watched by children today? I’m not going to attack the media on what they’ve been deciding is appropriate for children to view nowadays but I personally have seen that there are some differences that have occurred between the decades. I’m going to review a new show of the late 2000’s early 2010’s and compare that show overall to one of my own childhood during middle 1990s to early 2000’s in order to understand why or how they changed the cartoons and turned them into what they are today. The shows will be those of Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network and maybe even Disney Channel. Some shows or ideas may be improvements but others may also just be a disappointment in my opinion and even if you don’t agree, I would just like to bring awareness to this issue.
I can’t remember the last time I watched Cartoon Network because the one day I decided to tune in, all of the shows were different. There wasn’t Pokémon, Dragon Ball Z, Tom and Jerry, and others that I used to come home to watch every day after school. Nowadays, the shows on this channel became Chowder, Adventure Time, and even reality shows like Destroy Build Destroy. It honestly shocked me that Cartoon Network wasn’t just cartoons anymore and that the cartoons being showed didn’t really teach me lessons like those previously mentioned. Some seemed to just be senseless violence, or comedic but no real purpose behind why they are doing something within the episode. In the next post, I will provide a more specific example as I review Adventure Time for starters in comparison to a show of the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment